Business Development manager
Sorcerers is looking for a sales ninja to join us as Manager, New Business Development.
As Manager, New Business Development you have to assume complete ownership of revenue targets and successfully manage the sales process right from prospecting, lead generation to conversion.
This is perhaps THE opportunity for a go-getter, either with relevant industry experience or with a proven sales track record in high-value B2B services, looking to build their careers in the exciting domain of Digital Marketing.
You drive new client acquisitions with a sharp focus towards developing strong relationships with key decision makers at the client end. A more itemized break up of your job responsibilities would be:
- Work with the pre-sales team to scan the environment, qualify prospects/leads and build buyer persona of key decision makers within the client end.
- Generate more leads through cold calling, networking, social media and business events.
- Work with the Delivery Team to map our offerings with client requirements and create approaches, sales pitches and compelling proposals.
- Visit clients, do sales presentations.
- Consistently meet or exceed business development goals, demonstrating focused sales efforts.
- Negotiate around a price point, close deals.
- Act as a feedback channel for the client.
- Establish and nurture relationships with C-level executives and key decision makers of the client side.
- Cross sell/Upsell our services
- Stay updated about the best practices in the Digital Marketing domain.
- Write case studies, white papers and other content to establish thought leadership in the domain.
- Actively brief the delivery team about industry trends, client requirements to help finetune our services.
You should be a sales ninja – a person who loves the challenges of going out, meeting a client, understand her pain points, proposing the right solutions and closing a deal. You should love rolling up your sleeves, get your hands dirty and get things done. Most importantly, you should be a very fast learner. You should tick most, if not all of the following check boxes.
- Be a confident and articulate cold caller, both in person and on the telephone
- Be presentable, confident and persuasive with excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Have 3-5 years of relevant experience in a sales role – with a web agency or an organization with high-value B2B services.
- Have a proven track record of exceeding on revenue targets with a passion for winning new business
- Be organized, with a high attention to detail, disciplined approach to time and contact management
- A fast learner who’s driven and enthusiastic with a roll-up-your-sleeves approach to get the job done
- Be able to understand and analyze client’s media buying cycles, decision making process, marketing pain points and target demographics.
Expected Experience range: 3-5 years
Expected Salary Range – 25 to 40k per month.
Other incentives: Traveling allowance, performance linked Incentives.
Sorcerers is a new age, technology driven Digital Marketing agency founded by XLRI alumni and is based at Kolkata. We have worked with behemoths like WHO, Georgia Tech, Rand Corporation to garage start ups like PrepGenie and Kabuliwala Foods.